The saluki is generally a healthy breed but some of their possible health issues include:
· Prone to genetic eye disease and cancer
· Sun burn on the nose
· Gastric torsion (bloat) meaning the saluki will consume too much air within the body causing the abdomen to swell, twist and cut of blood circulation to the spleen. Usually fatal if not rushed to the veterinary hospital.
· Hemangiosarcoma- an incurable tumor in the blood vessels, an aggressive cancer that lines the blood vessels.
· Hip dysplasia- arthritis in the hips and elbows
· Cardiomyopathy- disease of the heart muscle causing heart to enlarge and not functioning properly
· Otitis eternal- ear infections
· Atopic dermatitis- skin allergies